I'm happy to be speaking about common_schema at Percona Live London, Dec 4th, 2012. This will be the first chance for me to speak about common_schema, what I believe to be an extremely useful companion to your MySQL server.
I will show you how common_schema can leverage your SQL skills and give you new powers. Stuff you had to be SQL-Perl-super-expert to work through is easily attainable with common_schema and QueryScript. Some maintenance, security and auditing tasks are now a breeze. Writing server side scripts can be fun!
What I won't do:
- Read the fancy manual aloud
- Walk you through every possible view, column, function, parameter and script
What I will do:
- Explain the nature of common_schema, show you the concepts behind it (and it is built with concepts in mind)
- Provide with selected examples (schema analysis, security, processes & transactions) -- there's much to go by, but no boring drill down into all details.
- Expose some cool hacks with QueryScript
- Do very brief (as time allows) live demos.
common_schema is an open source project and released under the BSD license.
Last April Roland Bouman gave a great talk about common_schema. This will not be the same talk; a lot has been developed by this time.
I'll be speaking at a very challenging time slot; the three other talks running concurrent to my own are all great ones; I actually wanted to attend all three of them. Heck, Peter wants to (though contrary to belief he can't fork() himself). So, no hard feelings if you choose another talk during this time slot. But I do know where you live.