I'm starting my new position as Senior Software Engineer at Outbrain. While I'm still to fully grasp the scope of my work, I will be handling data on all things MySQL, Hadoop, Cassandra, Kafka, more, more and more, at very large volumes.
I find Outbrain a great supporter of community and open source:
- Open source solutions are highly preferred over commercial solutions
- Outbrain is an early adopter for many open source technologies
- Employees are encouraged to contribute back as much as possible to the open source community
- It is happy to pay for support from companies developing open source
- Outbrain is a major participant in the ILTechTalks initiative: free, volunteer, professional exchange of knowledge
I can already testify I will be working with very smart and knowledgeable people; I expect to learn a lot and of course contribute from my own knowledge and skills.
I've been in process with some other companies, I'd like to kindly thank those companies I've been in touch with for their good will.