Common utilities for MySQL
The openark kit is a set of utilities for MySQL. They solve everyday maintenance tasks, which may be complicated or time consuming to work by hand.
Please refer to the openark kit documentation for details.
The available tools are:
- oak-apply-ri: apply referential integrity on two columns with parent-child relationship.
- oak-block-account: block or release MySQL users accounts, disabling them or enabling them to login.
- oak-chunk-update: perform long, non-blocking UPDATE/DELETE operation in auto managed small chunks.
- oak-get-slave-lag: print slave replication lag and terminate with respective exit code.
- oak-hook-general-log: hook up and filter general log entries based on entry type or execution plan criteria.
- oak-kill-slow-queries: terminate long running queries.
- oak-modify-charset: change the character set (and collation) of a textual column.
- oak-online-alter-table: perform a non-blocking ALTER TABLE operation.
- oak-prepare-shutdown: make for a fast and safe MySQL shutdown.
- oak-purge-master-logs: purge master logs, depending on the state of replicating slaves.
- oak-repeat-query: repeat query execution until some condition holds.
- oak-security-audit: audit accounts, passwords, privileges and other security settings.
- oak-show-limits: show AUTO_INCREMENT “free space”.
- oak-show-replication-status: show how far behind are replicating slaves on a given master.
All tools are coded in Python, require Python 2.3 or newer, and the python-mysqldb driver. Some tools require MySQL 5.0 or higher; see the docs for each tool.
Downloads are available at the Google Code openark kit project page, in .deb, .rpm, python & source.
The openark kit is released under the BSD license.