oak-online-alter-table Changes / bug fixes include:
- Support for keyword-named columns
- Use of FORCE INDEX due to lack of MySQL's ability for figure out the chunking key at all times
- --sleep-ratio option added; allows for sleep time proportional to execution time (as opposed to constant sleep time with --sleep)
- Support for chunk-retry (in case of deadlock) via --max-lock-retries)
- Fixed order of cleanup
- Fixed bug with verbose messages with non-integer chunking key
- Fixed bug with single-row tables (people, no need for this tool for single row tables )
- Friendly verbose messages to remind you what's being executed
oak-chunk-update changes includes:
- Verbosing query comment if exists (friendly printing of what's being executed)
(Do check out QueryScript's split(); it's a simple, server side solution which works almost same way as oak-chunk-update)
More issues and changes not listed here.
openark-kit is released under the new BSD license, and is freely available.