I will be happy to receive contributions to common_schema, and I will be happy to have contributors on this project
What kind of contributions are wanted?
So, I'm mostly interested right now in:
- Views: providing more insight on metadata (data types, schemata, volumes, transactions, locks, connections, etc.)
- Views: SQL code generation (e.g. generate my FOREIGN KEYs)
- Functions: DETERMINISTIC, NO SQL, preferably no control flow inside, making for simple calls what is usually a typical, repeating function combination.
- Tables: small, static data that is handy to have around. But really, small.
Less interested in:
- OS dependent solutions (e.g. calling LOAD_FILE('/proc/meminfo') which only makes sense on Linux)
I've got a few ideas already, and have received contributions and ideas from others (I'm looking at you, Roland).
If you have a good idea you'd like to share, why don't you submit it under the Issues page (submit as "Request for new component")
Everything is done on my spare time, and there's not much of that. So, if you do submit something and it's not in right away, please be patient. Thanks!